The easiest way to avoid this problem is to set an e-mail address in your account, so you can use the “Mail me a new password” feature. However, if you find that you’ve forgotten the password to an account on your wiki, and you don’t have an e-mail address set for it, you can reset its password as follows:
- Log in to phpMyAdmin with your SQL password.
- From the menu on the left, select the database corresponding to your wiki, and select the “user” table within it.
- Click “Browse” at the top, and note down the user ID for the account whose password you want to reset. (This will be 1 for the first account.)
- Click “SQL” at the top, and run the following command, replacing “uid” with the user ID and “newpassword” with the new password for the account:
- UPDATE user SET user_password = MD5(CONCAT(user_id, ‘-’, MD5(’newpassword‘))) WHERE user_id = uid